Friday, February 18, 2005

volume 37. No. 14

picture of the week, an opinion on page 4, two pieces on page 8 and two pics on page 12.

Despite the lack of sleep I'm having a good time. Shooting the basketball games was a blast. It helped having a digital. I shot more than 200 pics and ended up with some really good shots. I'll be doing more sports shooting, but I definitely need a faster lens. That'll come.

I took some pics this morning of a fine arts student doing a chalk study in the quad. It's amazing how people react to having their picture taken. SHe was more than happy to have me shoot away. She seemed as curious about me as I was about her.

Some people really enjoy being in front of the camera. Ego is sometimes a motivator, but I think most people just like to be in pictures. It's one route to immortality.

On the other hand, I had a hard time getting anyone to pose for my food review. Even the owner of the restaurant wouldn't stand for me. I lucked out with the girl who made it in to the photo's. She was a bit of a ham.

So, more photography. Netfreak wonders about making money from taking pics. It is my intention to do exactly that. I think if netfreak applied his mighty brain to figuring out an angle on the photo thing he could make it work.

I have updated my photographer's cafe gallery.

No comments: