Friday, December 24, 2004

homicide? suicide? those bastards at FOX

This is common practice for the folks over at FOX: changing suicide bomber to homicide bomber. I don't really care much for the practice and I realize that FOX viewers, for the most part, are mostly a little dim anyway and watch the channel only to reinforce their already held world views, but I am really bothered that the Associated Press doesn't seem to object to FOX retaining the AP byline beneath the headline.

So what is there to do? In the past I sent a query to AP about this issue and received no response. This in itself I find to be a little ironic, the press not answering questions. Who's watching the watcher?

I think I'll try again, to contact AP that is, and ask them about the bylines until I get an answer.

I suspect that the motive is money. News agencies get their money from selling stories so why would AP want to turn away good money? At the very least I would think that they could have FOX remove the AP byline, it tends to damage the reputation of AP.

We'll see about a response.

No comments: